- Degree as MD PhD June, 2017, Universidad Autónoma Madrid. Spain.
- Accreditation to perform PIPAC (Pressurized Intraperitoneal Aerosolized Chemotherapy). Turin. 2017
- European Certification on Peritoneal Surface Oncology by the European School of Peritoneal Surface Oncology (ESSO; European Society of Surgical Oncology). Washington, November, 2016.
- Colo-rectal Fellowship (2015-2017), Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid. Spain
- Residency of Surgery 2010-2015. Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Madrid. Spain
- International Master of Specialization in Breast Cancer 2011-2013. Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo (Madrid)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Zaragoza in June 2009
DETAIL OF COURSES ATTENDED OR SPEAKER
- AIS-Channel Winter Event: The Future of Colo-rectal Surgery. Speaker “Peritoneal Metastases of Colo-rectal Origin: Future and Current Treatment” London (England) December 2018
- Co-Chair of the 1st Hands-on Course on Oncologic Thyroid Surgery ESSO-EYSAC. December 2018. Madrid (Spain)
- I Curso de PIPAC. Montpellier (France). October 2018. Speaker of the lectures “PIPAC for Peritoneal carcinomatosis of Gastric origin” and “ePIPAC”
- 11th International Workshop on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. PSOGI 2018. Paris (France). September 2018
- XVI Congreso Nacional de la Sociedad Española de Cirugía Laparoscópica y Robótica (SECLA) June, 2018. Alicantye (Spain). Speaker “Intraperitoneal Aerosolized Pressurized Chemotherapy or PIPAC”
- V Congreso Nacional SEOQ. Palma de Mallorca, November 2017. Speaker “New opportunities for oncologic surgeons: EYSAC and ESPSO”. Moderator posters and award to best Oral Communication “Evolution of DNA and cytology after citorreduction and HIPEC”
- Post-Conference Workshop: Pharmacology of Chemotherapy Treatments for Peritoneal Metastases. Washington 19 th November 2016. 10th International Congress on Peritoneal Surface Mallignancies.
- ESSO Advanced Course on the Management of HIPEC after CRS. Hamburg from 10 to 12th March 2016.
- Pre-Congress Course: First Basic Course of Surgical Oncology. SEOQ IV National Congress. GECOP IV Meeting held in Madrid from 19 to 20 November 2015
- ESSO Course on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. Manchester from 8th to 9thOctober, 2015.
- ATLS (advanced trauma life support) AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS. 207 edition. 99, 10 and 11 October 2014, Málaga. Spain.
- Course of colo-proctology National Congress of Surgery.2014. Madrid
- III Course of abdominal organ transplant. Hospital Universitario Rio Hortega de Valladolid,7 and 8 November 2013
- Instructor at the Course on Breast Pathology for Surgical Specialists (Fundación Jiménez Díaz. Madrid. June 2013)
- III Course on Breast Pathology for Surgical Specialists (Fundación Jiménez Díaz. Madrid. June 2011)
- II Basic Training Course in Laparoscopic Surgery for first year Residents (Spanish Association of Surgeons, ACE. 2011)
- Course of abdominal organ transplant (University of Zaragoza 2007)
- Extra hospital Emergency Course (University of Zaragoza 2006)
- Course of Medicine to the limit (University of Zaragoza 2006)
RESEARCH, CONGRESSES (first or head author only) AND PUBLICATIONS
- Vídeo: Treatment of aorto-esophageal fistula with esophagectomy and aortic replacement. 30 National Congress of Surgery. 2014, Madrid
- Poster: Impact of the introduction of laparoscopy and implementation of a clinical pathway for obesity surgery in a unit of gastroesophageal surgery. National Congress of Surgery. 2014. Madrid
- Oral communication: Is it the time to offer our patients second-look surgery?. 18th National Meeting of the Spanish Association of Coloproctology. 2014, Madrid,
- Publication: García, V. C., Cortes, G. D., Rivas, F. S., & Celdran, U. A. (2013). Gigantic gastric retention due to bulimic binge eating. Cirugia espanola, 92(6), e33-e33.
- Publication: Sánchez, D. M. R. M., Pastor, I. C., López-Botet, Z. B., Cortes, G. D., & Uriarte, A. C. (2014). Bilateral adrenal hemorrhagic infarction as a rare cause of acute abdominal pain in the immediate postoperative period of colonic surgery.Cirugia espanola.
- Publication: Cortés Guiral D, Fernández-Aceñero MJ, García-Olmo D, Pastor Idoate (2015) Factors Predicting Response to Neoadjuvant Therapy of Hepatic Metastasis from Colorectal Carcinoma. Int J Pathol Clin Res 1:009
- Publication: Fernández-Aceñero, M. J., Cortés-Guiral, D., Munoz, L. E., Martínez-Useros, J., & Pastor-Idoate, C. (2015). Morphological aspects of the hepatic response to neoadjuvant therapy. Pathology-Research and Practice, 211(9), 665-670.
- Publication: Fernández-Aceñero, M. J., Cortés, D., del Pulgar, T. G., Cebrián, A., Estrada, L., Martínez-Useros, J., … & Pastor, C. (2015). PLK-1 Expression is Associated with Histopathological Response to Neoadjuvant Therapy of Hepatic Metastasis of Colorectal Carcinoma. Pathology & Oncology Research, 1-7.
- Publication: Cortes-Guiral, D., Elias, D., Cascales-Campos, P. A., Yébenes, A. B., Castellano, I. G., Carbonero, A. I. L Valadés, J.I.M., Garcia-Foncillas, J., & Garcia-Olmo, D. (2017). Second-look surgery plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for patients with colorectal cancer at high risk of peritoneal carcinomatosis: Does it really save lives?. World J Gastroenterol, 23(3), 377-381.
- Publication: Maciej Nowacki, Margarita Peterson, Tomasz Kloskowski, Eleanor McCabe, Delia Cortes Guiral, Karol Polom, Katarzyna Pietkun, Barbara Zegarska, Marta Pokrywczynska, Tomasz Drewa, Franco Roviello, Edward A. Medina, Samy L. Habib, and Wojciech Zegarski. Nanoparticle as a novel tool in hyperthermic intraperitoneal and pressurized intraperitoneal aerosol chemotheprapy to treat patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis. Oncotarget. 2017 Sep 29; 8(44): 78208–78224.
- Torres, A. J., Cortés, G. D., Barambio, B. J., & García-Olmo, D. (2017). Omental torsion: an infrequent cause of abdominal pain. Revista espanola de enfermedades digestivas: organo oficial de la Sociedad Espanola de Patologia Digestiva, 109(5), 372.
- Co Director *with Prof. Garcia Olmo of the Final Medical School Work on “Tratamiento de la Carcinomatosis Peritoneal mediante quimioterapia hipertérmica: evolución de la fracción celular y DNA en la biopsia liquida” Firts award as best TFG 2017 Universidad Autonoma de Madrid Facultad de Medicina
- Translator into Spanish of the chapter 3 of the book Cytoreductove Surgery and Perioperative Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Surface Malignancy by Paul Sugarbaker. 2018
- Poster: 11th International Workshop on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. PSOGI 2018. Paris (France). September 2018. “Impact on the hemorrhagic complications of HIPEC with oxaliplatin of the application of a protocol of high dosage of intravenous albumin”
- Oral Communication: 11th International Workshop on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. PSOGI 2018. Paris (France). September 2018. “Role of Liquid biopsy as a prognostic factor in Peritoneal Carcinomatosis. Preliminary results in a personalized cohort”
- Oral Communication 11th International Workshop on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies. PSOGI 2018. Paris (France). September 2018 “Impact of Prehabilitation on Patients undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC”
- IP of the HIPECT4 trial 2018-2019
- Development of the Unit of Peritoneal Surface Oncology of Hospital infanta Elena, October 2017 (Valdemoro, Madrid)
- Responsible in Spain for “Gastrichip trial” since 2017 (Prophylactic HIPEC for advanced gastric cancer)
- Accreditation by GECOP (Grupo Español de Cirugía Oncológica Peritoneal) of the Unit of Peritoneal Surface Oncology of Fundacion Jimenez Díaz, Madrid in November 2016.
- Collaboration in the development and implementation, under the supervision of Professor Damian Garcia-Olmo (Surgery) and Dr. García-Foncillas (Oncology), of the Protocol for indications and perioperative management of patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in collaboration with the Medical Oncology, Intensive Care, Anesthesia and Endocrinology. 2015 Jimenez Diaz Foundation Hospital. Madrid
- Collaboration in the development and implementation, under the supervision of Professor Damian Garcia-Olmo (Surgery) and Dr. García-Foncillas (Oncology), of the Protocol for
Treatment of Patients at high risk of recurrence of colorectal cancer: Second-Look Surgery, 2015 Jimenez Diaz Foundation Hospital. Madrid
- Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris. February 2015 with Pr. Dominique Elias (HIPEC)
- Centre Hospitalier Lyon-Sud. Lyon. October 2016 with Pr. Olivier Glehen (HIPEC, PIPAC)
- Spanish – Mother Tongue
- English – Medium-high level spoken and written
- French – Basic level spoken and written
MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONS MEMBERSHIP
- AEC Asociación Española de Cirujanos
- SEOQ Sociedad Española de Oncología Quirúrgica
- ESSO European Society of Surgical Oncology
- EYSAC European Young Surgeons and Alumni Club